CPNs™ can be used in a variety of in vitro imaging applications to maximise the success of your R&D, such as those listed below. This list will expand as more proof-of-concept work is undertaken. If you are unsure if CPNs™ are suitable for a particular application you may have in mind then please get in contact with us.
Flow cytometry and Fluorescence-Activated Cell Sorting (FACS)
- Our Conjugated Polymer Nanoparticle (CPNs™) are ideal fluorescent labels for use in flow cytometry, as their brightness and stability allows for highly sensitive detection of low abundant proteins.
- CPNs™can be used to detect surface accessible targets in live cells and a full range of targets in fixed and permeabilised cells.
- The spectra they produce combine well with the standard fluorophores used in flow cytometry and FACS.
- The CPNs™are non-toxic and do not cause downstream issues for cells after sorting.
Cell imaging, tracking and spheroid formation
- CPNs™ are readily detectible labels for cell imaging and tracking due to their brightness and stability.
- The CPNs™ are inherently non-toxic and compatible with continued cell growth in culture.
- CPNs™ can label targeted cells through endocytotic uptake (including HeLa, HCC70 and PC12 cells) or via linkage to specific targeting moieties, such as antibodies or binding proteins.
Fluorescent calibration beads
- CPNs™ can be used as fluorescent calibration beads, offering intense and stable fluorescence with a diameter of 0.1μm.
- The spectra of the CPNs™ work well with the standard filters on microscopes and imaging platforms.
Immunohistochemistry and immunocytochemistry
- CPNs™ are readily linked to proteins, including antibodies, enabling their extensive use in immunohistochemistry and immunocytochemistry.
- The high intensity of the CPN™ fluorescence facilitates easy detection of low abundance targets and lowers background signals.
- The fluorescence signal is very stable, which enables prolonged and high intensity imaging protocols, and provides confident long-term storage of labelled samples.
Fluorescent ELISA (Enzyme-Linked ImmunoSorbent Assay)
- CPNs™ have applications in Fluorescent ELISA assays.
- They produce intense signals that remain stable for over 8 hours, which improves the stability and sensitivity of the assay.
- The fluorescence of the CPNs™avoids timing issues in the workflow and allows assay plates to be read and re-read after storage.
- The ELISA can be carried out at 4°C or room temperature and under standard lighting conditions, which is well with laboratory automation.
Fluorescent In Situ Hybridisation (FISH)
- The brightness of the CPNs™ facilitates their use as sensitive labels for probes in Fluorescent In Situ Hybridisation (FISH).
- The stability of the CPNs™ allows labelled FISH samples to be archived for long periods and analysed at a later date, without further labelling.
- The CPNs™ can be used to label Western blots, offering enhanced sensitivity compared to enzyme driven luminescence.
- They offer the further advantage of accurate quantification through the signal being linearly correlated to amount of target proteins present.